4.19.2015

trail week


I've been dreaming up my ideal vacation, but couldn't find the right place to set it. Derek and I have been trying to commit to a week away to start the trail season, but timing or location just wasn't working out, plus, I'm not overly motivated to leave our area. Yesterday I found this cabin (perfect) and today we packed our running shoes into the car, some provisions, and the cat, and made the four and a half hour drive south along winding mountain roads to Jausiers. 

When we arrived, we went for a walk to stretch our legs from the drive- there is no shortage of trails just out the door. We already know it's going to be difficult to choose, but we will explore all that we can.


We made dinner, enjoyed the fireplace, and planned some routes before getting to bed, excited to start a big week of running and resting!