4.23.2015

bike break


I don't want to push my luck- three consecutive days of running is the most I've done since having Achilles problems last fall- so we are biking to give our running muscles and joints a rest today.  I must have been crazy to think mountain biking would give us "rest." My legs were screaming almost as soon as we started, and demonstrating the importance of developing some other muscles. Also, my butt got so sore. Complaining aside, we laughed at ourselves the entire time as we sluggishly drug ourselves up an "easy" bike route from Larche. Ugh, I think I'll feel this tomorrow...


We saw fox and marmots today on our tour through fields shared by snow and spring blossoms. Back in Barcelonnette, we went for a second, flatter ride along the river to get more use from our rented bikes before cozying up at the cabin for another hearty meal and kitty snuggles. I usually like my own cooking, but everything tastes even better this week, maybe we are extra hungry.