5.10.2014

run: mont pelat (1543m)


I needed new trail shoes since mine need to be retired, so we set out early to visit the mountain shops near Chambery. I was lucky to find a pair quickly, and hit the trails for a test run. We drove until I spotted a trail marker, left the car, and started running up. It turned out to be the perfect trail for today: steep and rocky, climbing to an open summit at 1543m with a great view all around. 


We took a few photos before turning around, and I stopped once or twice during the rapid descent for a quick shot of the trail. A short section looked like it may have been an ancient road, but mostly it was deep dried leaves over mud. So much fun. My shoes fit well, and are already nice and muddy. It's a good sign that they can handle a though 8 miles without adding any new blisters to my feet. It was a beautiful run, and I hope to check out more trails in the area.


A few pictures from nearby and on the way back.