5.31.2014

hiking: crêt de la goutte (1621m) again


Today, I am headed back to Crêt de la Goutte, to share the trail I hiked with Ania a few weeks ago with Derek- a short drive for a pretty long hike. I tend to underestimate the Jura, but it offers some challenging trails without making a trip to the Alps. That's exactly what we needed today - proximity - so we could enjoy a restful morning, mounds of French toast, and then get around to hiking. I was hoping for a clear view across to the Alps, but the clouds really like to hover around the summit. We mostly followed the same route, but shifted towards Collonges for a tamer descent.


On the way down, I was excited to show Derek the elfin forest trail along these tucked-away cliffs, a path that seems to be seldom used and really beautiful. From there we diverted from the route I knew, and after a few guesses on the correct direction, found signposts to lead us back to the start near Fort l'Ecluse.