11.30.2014

run: aiguilles rouges


Today we ran the part of the Aiguilles Rouges trail. What a gorgeous morning! I planned to tag along with the guys just to get to the mountains and head off on a hike while they ran. Instead, we stuck together, and I was happy for the company. I've had a rough time with the extended "rest," and was ecstatic to finally try a test run. 

Starting from Servos, just after sunrise, we made a 16 kilometer loop that reached Lac Pormenaz at it's highest elevation. The route had everything from chains, ladders, stream crossings, rocks, mud, snow, and slush. I was nervous about overdoing it, but my Achilles seemed to do okay- not 100%- but it was so much fun (can rest tomorrow).   


The sun came out while were were by the frozen lake, and after a few photos, we turned toward Mt. Blanc for some snow running before the trail dropped back into the woods and all the way back down to town. Thanks Derek and Xavi for the awesome run!