11.08.2014

hiking: le plan du tour (1615m)


Today was a beautiful, sunny Saturday. I'm still resting the ol'Achilles, but needed an easy mountain fix. I really wanted to see the new season's snow and feel the warmth of the sun, so we went to the Aravis, parked a little beyond Thônes, and started walking. Within the first few steps, I discovered that I forgot my camera battery (oops), but at least I had the phone to get some pictures of the lovely scenery. We stopped at Bois Noir to sit in the sun just before reaching the stunning views of freshly covered peaks from le Plan du Tour (1615m). I love the quiet in-between season in the mountains, bright colors and the first frosts and snows reaching lower elevations. We're taking a break from racing and waiting to ski, reflecting and planning.