7.03.2014

here come the sunflowers


I can't believe it's July already...where is the summer going? In the evening, Derek and I took a walk in the vineyard, and picked a few volunteer sunflowers from the wheat fields.   

It's been one of those beautiful, long summer days best spent outside morning until night. I've been finishing many of my sweaty, summer runs with a refreshing dip in l'Allondon, and today I ended up sitting there listening to the river for two hours - it was so relaxing. I decided to practice my fording skills in preparation for the river crossings in Iceland, so I made a few trips back and forth in the quick current before jogging back home. The wet shoes really weren't as annoying as I thought they might be, but it was warm and sunny, and I was only going another five kilometers. The ultra-distance with wet feet and colder air might prove more challenging, but I feel better knowing I wasn't completely miserable or instantly blistered with this little test.