7.05.2014

5th of july


World cup, thunderstorms, rainbows, swimming, running, late nights, bbqs, and Iceland preparation have been the stuff of summer so far. Today we celebrated the fifth of July, combining the Canadian and American July celebrations into one awesome riverside cookout with our Eurofamily. We were lucky to have a perfectly sunny evening after a stormy forecast. 


The river current was strong after the heavy rain this week, so we were all a bit nervous as the kids were drawn into the water. I was the one who got carried away though when I waded out too deep to retrieve an escaped bottle downstream. A bit of a struggle, a brief panic, but pulled myself onto a rock, and got the bottle. Allison got pictures of my hard-earned victory. That was enough excitement for me, time to eat flag cake!