8.28.2012

hiking: unterer grindelwaldgletscher, bäregg


This afternoon, I headed back to the same trail head near the Oberer Grindelwaldgletscher that we took this morning, but went the opposite direction, toward the Unterer Grindelwaldgletscher. I passed the Pfingstegg lift, walked through a long tunnel, and continued to the refuge at Bäregg (1775m), where I enjoyed a glass of homemade elderflower syrup- holunderblütensirup to celebrate my rainy-solo hike. Aren't these long names fabulous letter combinations! It started to drizzle not long after I set out, and continued for the next couple hours. I zipped my raincoat over my backback, and enjoyed the dramatic (but limited) views of the glacier, and waved to Derek in the tiny village below. 


I got back to the apartment for a nice hot shower, made some dinner, and enjoyed a beautiful evening's Alpine glow from the balcony. This was a full day of hiking.