6.14.2015

vk plus


It's only a week until the Crozet vertical kilometer, so we wanted to get one last course training before the race. This was only the second time I have followed the exact route, and the first for Derek to complete it. I am happy to know what to expect, and to enjoy the last few hundred meters of climb after our usual torturous route to the telecabine and back. It is going to be a tough race, but I am excited to race on our training grounds.


We finished our VK, but it was too nice to go back down immediately, so we added a 15km loop out to Reculet along the ridge and back following a parallel trail. The fog and sheep reminded us so much of being in Iceland and we are longing to go North. I love the view across the valley to the Alps, but some of my favorite Jura runs are in the moody fog.