3.02.2014

my birthday in megève


After eight weeks of skiing, we took a break this weekend, but since it's my birthday, we must celebrate with mountains. Every winter, I am hesitant to ski during the school holidays, and figured this weekend would be especially crowded. We wanted to avoid the slopes but still get out, and somehow we ended up in Megève. The slopes seemed pretty quiet, (should have brought the skis) maybe because everyone was busy walking around town in their furs. Even though it has been mild this year, I have to admit, I'm just ready to be done with winter. 


We found a trail and went for a snowshoe hike.


We had the cocoa thermos and a little picnic in the snow. It was too cold to stop long, so back to it.


I was afraid we left the sunshine back in the valley while chasing the mountains, but luckily it caught up to us by the end of the day. We dropped everything and ran up a little hill to play in the snow with a great view on Mt. Blanc. It was fun to make snow angels and have a snowball fight...maybe for the last time until next winter.