2.12.2014

snowshoe: crêt de la neige


The sun was shining right from the start this morning, so I took advantage of this break from the rain and gray to head to the Jura. Derek dropped me at the base on his way to work and I rode the telecabine up to Crozet to begin my snowshoe journey to Crêt de la Neige, about a four hour loop. I saw a group of chamois on the first steep climb up Crêt de Crozet, making the first tracks up that way for the day. 


The morning was a mix of dense cloud and sun...more cloud as I approached the summit. Standing at Crêt de la Neige, there was zero visibility and I got very cold in the wind. So without a break, I started my way back, and after a little while, the sunshine returned.


Finally, a view across to the Alps, as I made my way back to the lift. I thought I had a perfect plan for the day until discovering that the bus I was waiting for runs only on weekends and school holidays. Ooops...so it was time to continue walking.