6.28.2012

in the city


Today was an unusual day for me, a mini city-vacation. This afternoon I took the train into Geneva to get my hair shampooed and curled at the Blow saloon (I had a coupon). Being such a lucky, fancy girl today, I even wore shoes without laces. The saloon treatment felt so luxurious, and then I walked around Geneva, trying my best to leave my bouncy-curly hair down despite the steamy hot day. I happened upon a parade...no one I asked knew what it was for, but the drummers were fun. I popped in and out of shops- something I never do in the city, and even bought new jeans and two cute dresses- something I do even less in Geneva, but summer soldes just started and it was the first time prices actually seemed reasonable. I had a nice time wandering old town before heading back home, melting on the train, and hitch-hiking back up the hill to avoid antagonizing the blisters from my pretty shoes. That was fun... but I'm ready to turn back into pumpkin.