11.04.2010

on my mountain


Yes, I've declared the Jura my mountain, or range. Not sure how France will feel about this invasion, but it has been declared.  So, up I went, yes again. Not a cloud in the sky. Today was a beautiful, warm, sunny, clear November day, and I started up early in the morning hoping to explore a bit more of the range.  Most of the orange leaves have fallen since my last trip, but the view was the best I've seen...that is until I was swallowed by the Thoiry cloud just past the Narderans. You can see that dark menace lingering in the distance further along the trail.


But, before entering the cloud, the view below:




And then the view is gone, nothing behind and nothing ahead.





I made my way through the cloud, you get a bit soggy hanging around inside a cloud, but as I reached the summit, the cloud started to pass and I could see the destination, just barely through the haze.


I sat up at the top for a while, soupy, and white, until the the sun started warming it's way through the cloud. There was a bit of blue sky, a little more, mountains and a city in the distance, and a rainbow sitting right beside me.




More clouds sneaking up behind me, but they never made it over the ridge.


The cloud that swallowed me, moving along into the valley.


A few more hikers made it through the cloud on their way to Le Reculet.


Magic on the mountain. Every time.


Hope you get outside, enjoy the fall, and join me on a hike some day.