7.11.2010

le tour de france


So, the tour is awesome! I can't even believe the strength and endurance of these riders! Saturday, (after our own mini-tour de France) Derek and I went out near Station Des Rousses, just on the other side of the Jura from us and watched as the neared the finish of day 7.


Crazy calves.


Sunday, the tour passed within biking distance so I rode down to watch the tour speed by again. I rode just a bit of the tour route about 40 minutes before the rides came through and stopped to cheer the race just over the Pont Carnot where they crossed the Rhone. I got a used water bottle tossed by one of the riders! I was excited. Here was the route for day 8:


I watched from near the "5" mark on the map. As they came down from the Jura and just before beginning the insane climbs in the Alps. Follow le tour!

*Derek skipped out on Sunday's tour de France to do a 189 kilometer tour du Lac Lemon with two friends. (apparently they were too quick for me to keep up- actually, I know it's true- they are fast). I should post the post-ride photo of Derek passed out in the kitchen...but I'll be nice. Good riding boys!