11.17.2009

le reculet and beyond




At the Narderans, almost there.

Today I set out for a solo trek up to Le Reculet. Once I reached my goal, I decided to spend a little time along the ridge before decending, since I was all the way up there anyway. I ended up visiting Cret de la Niege, which is the actual highest peak in the Jura Mountains as of a remeasure in 2003, pronouncing it 1 meter taller then Reculet. From there I continued along the ridge until I realized I would have to double back to make my way down and home. Although it was not as clear as I had hoped and horribly windy, I had a great day, a good climb, and only saw two other solo hikers (they were both faster than me and at least twice my age). I even did a bit of trail running-mostly downward- to help get ready for ski season.




Lunch break.



The black dots are grazing chamoix.



Still climbing.

 

Le Reculet


 

At  Cret de la Niege and looking back at Le Reculet.

 

Erie Jurassic overlook.



Hoping a chamoix doesn't fall on me on my way back down.