8.17.2011

3 franc in my pocket


This afternoon, I left the house with camera, granola bar, and 3 franc in my pocket- just enough to catch the train home or a tram far enough to get a ride back home, and set off for Geneva. I didn't have to carry water, even on a hot day like today, stopping by the fountain in each small Swiss village as I passed through. No specific route- just head east and a little south toward the Saleve by walking trails and country roads, and I know I'll end up in Geneva eventually.


Challex getting smaller in the distance.


A few berries were a nice treat.


The pears looked good too.


Jura behind me and a long flat stretch.




Closer now to the Saleve.


Passing through Bernex.


Finishing the long day's trek on a busy , but direct road after a long time wandering. Geneva city limits...only a bit further to the center.


Jumping off the bridge into the river seems like a great idea. There were crowds of kids jumping and hanging from under the bridges. It looked like fun.


After 15 meandering miles, I arrived in the city center, but without the hoopla of the Jet d'Eau. For some reason the fountain had been turned off this afternoon. I could see it from as far as my house and several points along the walk, and was hoping it would mark my finish in the city. Oh well, time to catch a ride home, my feet are tired.