4.02.2010

franciversary

Today is our six month "franciversary" (yup, six month anniversary of living in our apt. in France). To celebrate, we did a little bird watching, I planted a few things in front of our place, including strawberries, mint, rosemary, thyme, some flower bulbs, and our landlord's fig tree. Then we had a nice dinner.

What have we learned and accomplished in six months? 
- Well, a big thing is the little bit of French, enough to have some minor conversations. 
- Ski to enjoy the winter.
- I've learned to drink espresso and like it.
- Cooking and shopping for food has become a real pleasure.
- Not owning a car is awesome.
- Slow down, look around.
- The only thing missing in my life is a cat, but there are enough sitting on window sills to tide me over a little longer.
- People here are really happy and that makes me happy.

Santé!